|JNS Travel Awards 2017|
Facts :- |
- JNS was founded in 1974. With more than 6,000 members in 2016, JNS is now a representative academic society in neuroscience in Japan.
- The 40th Annual Meeting, under the theme of "Pushing the Frontiers on Neuroscience", provides a unique opportunity to forge closer links between researchers in different fields and to develop next-generation neuroscientists endowed with a wide perspective.
- English is an official language used at all sessions. We expect approximately 4,000 participants, including 400 people from overseas.
- The Annual Meeting promotes interaction with relevant professional neuroscience societies in neighboring Asia-Pacific countries, the United States and Europe by organizing joint symposia and having a financial assistance program to cover travel costs.
- The Annual Meeting aims at fostering young scientists and promoting collaboration across the globe and various scientific fields including clinical neuroscience.
- The Meeting will be held in Makuhari Messe. Haneda (Tokyo International) and Narita International Airports are close and convenient to the venue.
- Young principal investigators and senior postdoctoral fellows but only IAN members (should be currently a member - IAN membership number is to be mentioned in the application) are eligible for this Award. Each awardee will have to go through the registration and send the abstract through the Annual Meeting web site (http://www.neuroscience2017.jnss.org/en)
- Travel Award winners will receive a partial support for traveling expenses (100,000 JPY) and a free accommodation in Yokohama for 4 nights (from July 19th, a single room in a budget hotel).
- The meeting registration fee is waived.
- Travel Award winners are invited to the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers and a get-together party on the day before the Annual Meeting to facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan.
- Travel Award winners are also invited to a reception during the Annual Meeting.
- Recipients will receive the award at the meeting venue in Japanese yen.
- Accommodation at a designated hotel from July 19th (check-in) to 23rd (check-out; totally 4 nights) will only be covered. Recipients must bear all expenses if they stay at hotels of their own choice or stay extra nights.
- "The International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers" is a mandatory event. This meeting will be held the day before the Annual Meeting at around 17 o'clock. So please make sure to have sufficient time to travel from the near airport to the venue.
- Persons who do not attend the entire Annual Meeting will have their award revoked.
|How to apply :
Format for application -
1) CV (maximum Up to 2 pages)
2) Publication list
3) Abstract for the 2017 JNS meeting
4) Two letters of recommendation: One from the applicant's current supervisor and the other from another reference person
5) IAN membership number.
|Please attach a check list of above items with your application, incomplete applications will not be considered.|