Welcome to IAN
Rules & Bye-Laws
Professor B.K. Bachhawat Memorial Life Time Achievement Award
Prof PN Tandon Oration
Prof SS Parmar Oration
KT Shetty Memorial Oration
Jyotsnamoyee Raghunath Bhattacharya Prize
Young Scientist Awards
Tulsabai Somani Education Trust Award
Dr. D. M. Kar Prize
Professor S. S. Parmar Research Foundation Award
Suttee Nag Prize
IAN Travel Fellowships
Lalita and Ravindra Nath Travel Fellowship
Lalita and Ravindra Nath International Travel Awards
John Miller Travel Awards(s)
Executive Committee Meetings
General Body Meetings
Election Nomination Form
Fellowship Nomination Form
Executive Committee 2024
Executive Committee 2023
Executive Committee 2022
Executive Committee 2021
Executive Committee 2020
Executive Committee 2019
Executive Committee 2017-18
Executive Committee 2016-17
Executive Committee 2015-16
Executive Committee 2014-15
Executive Committee 2013-14
Executive Committee 2012-13
Executive Committee 2011-12
Executive Committee 2010-11
Executive Committee 2009-10
Executive Committee 2008-09
Executive Committee 2007-08
Executive Committee 2005-07
Executive Committee 2005-05
Executive Committee 2004-05
Executive Committee 2003-04
Executive Committee 2002-03
Executive Committee 2001-02
Executive Committee 1999-01
Proforma for Election of Fellows
Annals of Neurosciences
Neurosciences in India
Join the Academy
JNS Awards 2024
Lalita and Ravindra Nath
International Travel Awards
6th Bangalore Cognition Workshop (BCW2024) at Centre for Neuroscience, IISc (June 15-21, 2024)
IAN 2024 - "The 42nd Annual meeting of Indian Academy of Neurosciences (IAN) is being organized during November 11-14, 2024 at National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bengaluru, India, an Institute of National Importance"
Login for Application For JNS Travel Awards 2024
Last Date for Application extended till: Wednesday; December 13, 2023
User ID (Email- ID):
The Travel Awards are available for NEURO2024, a joint convention of the 47th Annual Meeting of the Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS), the 67th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society for Neurochemistry (JSN), the 46th Annual Meeting of the Japanese society of Biological Psychiatry (JSBP), and the 8th FAONS Congress, which will be held in
Fukuoka, Japan from July 24 to July 27, 2024
. The President of the Japan Neuroscience Society (Koji Yamanaka), the Chair of International Collaboration Affairs Committee (Yukiko Goda), and the Presidents of the Annual Meeting in 2024 (Shigeo Okabe, Schuichi Koizumi, and Hidenori Yamasue), requests nominations for the Travel Awards from the Indian Academy of Neurosciences (IAN).
- NEURO2024, under the theme of "Deciphering the mind: Transcending borders for the future", provides a unique forum for researchers and members from all over the world who are contributing to the frontiers of neuroscience to gather in Fukuoka, and to create an opportunity to break barriers and make a better future in neuroscience research.
- English is an official language used at all sessions. We expect approximately 3,000 participants, including 300 people from overseas.
- NEURO2024 promotes interaction with relevant professional neuroscience societies in neighboring Asia-Pacific countries, the United States and Europe by organizing joint symposia and having a financial assistance program to cover travel costs.
- NEURO2024 aims at fostering young scientists and promoting collaboration across the globe and various scientific fields including clinical neuroscience.
- The Meeting will be held at
Fukuoka Convention Center
Young principal investigators and senior postdoctoral fellows that are IAN members (should be currently a IAN member - IAN membership number is to be mentioned in the application) are eligible for this Award. Each awardee will have to go through the registration and send the abstract through the Annual Meeting web - (
- Travel Award winners will receive a partial support (140,000 JPY) to attend the meeting in Fukuoka to cover their travel and stay arrangements to be made by the awardee him/her-self.
- The meeting registration fee is waived.
- Travel Award winners are invited to the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers and a get-together party on the day before NEURO2024 to facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan.
- Travel Award winners are also invited to a reception during NEURO2024 (if held).
- Recipients will receive the award at the meeting venue in Japanese yen.
- Accommodation has to be bookd by the awardee and recipients must bear all expenses of their stay.
- "The International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers" is a mandatory event.This meeting will be held on
July 23 at around 17 o'clock
. So please make sure to have sufficient time to travel from the airport to the venue.
- Persons who do not attend NEURO2024 and do not make a presentation will have their award revoked.
How to apply :
Format for application -
1) IAN membership number.
2) CV (maximum Up to 2 pages) is to be uploaded.
3) Publication list (up to three best publications during past two years may be uploaded).
4) Abstract for the 2024 JNS meeting is to be uploaded.
5) Two letters of recommendation are to be uploaded: One from the applicant's current Principal Investigator/Head of Department and the other from another reference person.
6) How participation in JNS will help the candidate in ongoing research ? (Not exceeding 200 words) is to be uploaded.
7) An undertaking that this abstract had not been submitted in earlier JNS meetings and the applicant has not been awarded JNS travel award before.
Please attach a check list of above items with your application,
incomplete applications will not be considered.