Welcome to IAN
Rules & Bye-Laws
Professor B.K. Bachhawat Memorial Life Time Achievement Award
KT Shetty Memorial Oration
Jyotsnamoyee Raghunath Bhattacharya Prize
Young Scientist Awards
Tulsabai Somani Education Trust Award
Dr. D. M. Kar Prize
Professor S. S. Parmar Research Foundation Award
Suttee Nag Prize
Ravindra and Lalita Nath Travel Fellowship
John Miller Travel Awards(s)
Executive Committee Meetings
General Body Meetings
Election Nomination Form
Fellowship Nomination Form
Executive Committee 2014-15
Executive Committee 2013-14
Executive Committee 2012-13
Executive Committee 2011-12
Executive Committee 2010-11
Executive Committee 2009-10
Executive Committee 2008-09
Executive Committee 2007-08
Executive Committee 2005-07
Executive Committee 2005-05
Executive Committee 2004-05
Executive Committee 2003-04
Executive Committee 2002-03
Executive Committee 2001-02
Executive Committee 1999-01
Proforma for Election of Fellows
Annals of Neurosciences
Neurosciences in India
Join the Academy
JNS Awards 2018
Lalita and Ravindra Nath
International Travel Awards
IBRO-APRC School on Neural plasticity in health and diseases will be held at Department of Physiology, AIIMS, New Delhi from October 21 - November 4, 2018.
3rd IBRO/APRC Chandigarh Neuroscience School will be held at Panjab University, Chandigarh, India from October 22-28, 2018.
36th Annual Meeting of IAN will be organized during 29-31 October 2018 at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
IBRO school is being organized in Pune during March 26-31, 2018 on Recent Advances in Tools and Techniques in Neuroscience Research.
Click here to visit Website
41st Annual Meeting of JNS will be held at Kobe Convention Center, Hyogo pref. Japan from July 26th to 29th, 2018
Click here to visit Website
Login for Application For JNS Travel Awards 2018
Last Date for Application : TUESDAY; DECEMBER 26, 2017
JNS applications are now closed.
User ID (Email- ID):
- JNS was founded in 1974. With more than 6,300 members in 2017, JNS is now a representative academic society in neuroscience in Japan.
- The 41st Annual Meeting, under the theme of "New Horizon of Neuroscience", provides a unique opportunity to forge closer links between researchers in different fields and to develop next-generation neuroscientists endowed with a wide perspective.
- English is an official language used at all sessions. We expect approximately 4,000 participants, including 400 people from overseas.
- The Annual Meeting promotes interaction with relevant professional neuroscience societies in neighboring Asia-Pacific countries, the United States and Europe by organizing joint symposia and having a financial assistance program to cover travel costs.
- The Annual Meeting aims at fostering young scientists and promoting collaboration across the globe and various scientific fields including clinical neuroscience.
- The Meeting will be held in Kobe Convention Center. http://kobe-cc.jp/english/index.html
- Young principal investigators and senior postdoctoral fellows but only IAN members (should be currently a member - IAN membership number is to be mentioned in the application) are eligible for this Award. Each awardee will have to go through the registration and send the abstract through the Annual Meeting web site (
- Travel Award winners will receive a partial support for traveling expenses (100,000 JPY) and a free accommodation in Kobe for 4 nights (from July 25th, a single room in a budget hotel).
- The meeting registration fee is waived.
- Travel Award winners are invited to the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers and a get-together party on the day before the Annual Meeting to facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan.
- Travel Award winners are also invited to a reception during the Annual Meeting.
- Recipients will receive the award at the meeting venue in Japanese yen.
- Accommodation at a designated hotel from July 25thth (check-in) to 29th (check-out; totally 4 nights) will only be covered. Recipients must bear all expenses if they stay at hotels of their own choice or stay extra nights.
- "The International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers" is a mandatory event. This meeting will be held on July 25th at around 17 o'clock. So please make sure to have sufficient time to travel from the airport to the venue.
- Persons who do not attend the entire Annual Meeting and do not make a presentation will have their award revoked.
How to apply :
Format for application -
1) CV (maximum Up to 2 pages)
2) Publication list
3) Abstract for the 2018 JNS meeting
4) Two letters of recommendation: One from the applicant's current supervisor and the other from another reference person
5) IAN membership number.
Please attach a check list of above items with your application, incomplete applications will not be considered.